diy Prefabricated modular house extension kits
Perfect for kitchen extensions , dining rooms , bedrooms or lounges and much more . Our single storey diy home extension kits are an excellent permanent alternative to conventional house extension builds, or more flimsy less substantial timber framed home extensions now promoted everywhere. Our home extension kit uses build systems which have been around for over 20 years and installed by 1000's of customers without issue. An installation service is also available if required.
Our diy home extension has a box section heavy gauge steel base , box section galvanised steel walls and aluminium structural roof, so we think you will prefer the difference to softwood timber. 20 year structural guarantees are standard for peace of mind, with various roof and footprint shapes. Much reduced build times (around 6-8 days) and considerably less ground works, are a huge benefit to busy households, removing weeks of mess and hassle.
Garden access problems, drain bridging and sloping ground make our prefab home extension kit a more viable and cost effective alternative to bricks and mortar home extensions that requiring deep strip foundations and suspended block and lintel construction.
Planning and building regulations - no problem
We are able to organise the building regulation application and inspections of our extension kit installations throughout the country with JHAI ( An independant building regs inspection company ) , for supply only projects or supply and build . We can also advise you on planning regulations requirements and refer you to our fixed price planning service we have organised with 'Simple Plans' - so give us a ring on 01452226290 if you are unsure what is required for your build and need good solid advise.
our Home extension system is the answer
- Often much cheaper than than conventional builds – Definately a cheaper option if DIY, but also on full supply and build projects particularly if there is a slope , piling required, or difficult access etc.
- Quick build times – Ease and speed of construction - typically about 5-8 days for diyers and quicker for professionals
- Steel and aluminium , not timber –Substantial heavy gauge steel and aluminium - not cheap green timber frame shed type extensions with OSB board
- A truly viable DIY build – Diy is a viable option with our easy fit house extension system - Instructions and videos are available. 100's of past customers will agree with the ease of installation of our systems. Well worth saving a huge amount compared to a trade fit.
- Limited groundworks - Very limited excavation and ground works required for our concrete padstone supports, way easier than strip foundations, with 1 skip normally all that is required , so less mess and hassle - See our Durabase easy fit base web page
- Drains and manholes no problem - Our system is an easier solution for drains and waste pipes - Can be built over easily with our Durabase leg type system
- Bad weather , no problem - Installation is possible whatever the weather conditions unlike conventional builds.
- We expect our system to stand the test of time - Excellent guarantees with established base, wall, window, door and roof systems, backed by established manufacturers who have been around for up to 25 years ( Durabase ) - 20 yrs guarantee on base , wall and roof structure.
- Not sure if we can build what you want ? - We have various design options from kitchens to lounges, through to home offices , Creches and commercial space, so ask us about your diy or build project.
- Everything is built to order - Our extensions are built to order to fit your requirements, normally within 4 weeks.
diy Prefab Extension Extra Info
Turn your dream extension into reality - Our prefab extension is available in any width and projection, with any amount of dwarf or full height real brick faced walls, with a choice of more than 47 real brick and stone options available, as well as render and timber clad alternatives. Door combinations are also whatever you require whether French doors , bi-folds or patios. Windows are either full height glazed type or dwarf wall type and combinations of both , so please ask for design advise.
Latest Colour options, no problem -We offer the standard colour and woodgrain upvc options of white, oak, rosewood, rosewood and white and oak and white, as well as the extended colour options and woodgrains. Smart and Aluk aluminium windows and bifold / sliding door options are available in all Ral colours
Upvc or aluminium -Veka Halo upvc doors and windows or Aluk aluminium doors and windows can be combined with Aluk or Smart aluminium bifold doors. We also have sliding and standard door options. Frame profiles are in bevelled or sculptured designs
Regs compliant glazing as standard - We supply Low E glazing as standard. Upgrades also possible are our solar control glass options with natural or bronze, green and blue tints and stay clean coatings.
All of our tiled and solid roof options are available - from popular ranges from Guardian, Supalite and Ultraroof 380, as well as ultraframes Livinroof orangery solid roof option.
Lightweight flat roofs in composite or timber are now available - We supply 2 roof options that can have various sized rooflights added. EPDM is the most popular roof covering, but other coverings are possible such as fibre glass.
Regs compliance as standard - We use the uprated Durabase plus base for our extensions, as it is regs compliant throughout the UK and Ireland, with varying thicknesses of insulation as required to comply in each postcode area
Steel base and wall construction
We use a Durabase Plus (regs approved) real brick faced modular base and wall system in our home extension kits to speed up your base and wall build - typically 2 days. These are multi-layered wall systems with galvanised heavy guage steel box formed construction - not cheap green timber, like many other external wall cladded SIP's systems.
Lightweight aluminium tiled roof construction
Supalite tiled conservatory roofs are one of our preferred options with our extension systems, but we can use our other alternatives such as our DCS4000, LivinRoof, UltraRoof 380 and Ultraframe RealRoof . All of our solid roof options are permanent well built solution to conventional timber roofs.
Contact & Quotes
We provide an online free quick quote service for all of our ranges accessed on the top menu. If you need to discuss your project in more detail then ring us on 01452226290, or email us on our contact page enquiry form, again accessed on the top menu.